Thursday, July 11, 2013

Happy Gotchya Day - Book

My Big Brother, Book was Gotchya'd 9 days before me.


He was originally named "Fessy" (yuck) then the Mommies renamed him "Dasvidaniya" (transliterated Russian for "until we meet again"  daa-svee-daan-eeyaa) then they thought they were not going to be able to keep him, then decided that "Yes...Yes we can... we can make it through this." and re-renamed him "Book" so that his fresh start would have no bad connotations; coincidentally the same day they got me!

They chose to use date they got him minus 3 years cuz owner didn't know real date.  He had been in 5 previous homes.AND he was only 3 years old! :-(

The Mommies found him, like they found me... via Craigslist. As you just read, the Mommies had some rocky times for those 9 days -- but when he saw me, he saw a cute kitten to father/brother over!!  I helped him to start on the path of the Less Skitterish. 

If you want to learn a little more about Book, read here.

And a current picture of my dear ol' brother...




(◡‿◡✿)
May the catnip always be plentiful and the string never fray,
~ Brooch Czarina

7 comments:

  1. Happy gotcha day Book! We're so glad you got gotted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy Gotcha Day to Book AND to you too Brooch!! Nine days apart for a celebration - you should have quite the PAWTY!

    Kitty Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on Craigslist too, but a blog-friend found me for TBT. No wunnerful friendship ever came about better. ~ Marley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im late, but still wishing Book a pawsome next year with the Mommies!!

    ReplyDelete