Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vengeance and Cream

My Spot -- this morning after post-cream-playtime

Sorry I have slacked off a bit. I have been a busy girl and of course Mommi's taken some pix of it. But we'll get to my tales as time goes on (or we won't) it depends if I forget or not ;-)

So Monday I had to go back to the vet.  My leg spots were not getting better, in fact they came back with a vengeance on me.  So Mommy made the appointment.

Doc said that the owie acts a little like ringworm, even the reacting poorly to the Prednisone. So... he's running a test. He thinks its a bacterial infection; but we won't know for certain until the results come in.

Meanwhile I have some cream that Mommy puts on me while Mommi holds me down for her. The vet gave Mommy an e-collar for me to wear.  Oh My Cod! This thing is horrible. I am technically too small for this smallest size they had plus I kept taking it off of myself.  The Mommies tried like three times to make it work - but after I viciously hissed and attacked them, they decided to stop torturing me and instead do something better.

PLAY!

That's right they play with me for 10-20 minutes after application so that the cream has time to soak in.  THEN I can finally clean it off.  We compromised.
.
(◡‿◡✿)
May the catnip always be plentiful and the string never fray,
~ Brooch Czarina

5 comments:

  1. ooooo, that's a nasty! Hopefully it will start to heal soon. Don't lick too much...let it work Bubby...
    Kitty & Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... so sorry to read about your leg spots problems. I hope you will get better and they will go forever! But the humans will keep the playing habit ;-)
    Lots of purrs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accept the medically cream, and dont lick it. You'll be better faster. Srsly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooch Czarina! I thought I'd stop by your blog to say hello and I see you are having some skin problems....I hope that magic cream helps make it all better. It's nice to meet a new friend! :D

    Kitty hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Noes!! Brooch C! How pawful! I so hope your leggie gets way better really really soon...I had ringworm when I lived at the shelter where Mom and Dad found me. It was not fun getting that cream rubbed on me and I started to growl and hiss and swat at the volunteers who had to put it on me. And I became very very scared...sigh...thank Cod that is behind me now!

    ReplyDelete