Sunday, January 6, 2013

Owie

This past Monday the Mommies spotted a sorta bald place on my back right hind leg.  They got concerned. The place matches my tongue width.  When discovered there were seemingly two puncture wounds but no hotness, swelling or redness. Mommy called the Doctor and after talking to the office lady that we like and trust, it was decided to let me continue to take care of it UNLESS it starts to change.  I dunno what I did wrong but it was a little pink when Mommy looked at it late Friday afternoon.  So yesterday I was taken to the Vet.  It was decided that my rough tongue kinda made matters worse.  The puncture wounds are not spider bites, and couldn't be Book's teeth -- his teeth are set wider apart. However it is in the realm of possibility that I hurt me when I was playing in the Xmas tree, or I might have gotten overzealous and bit me.  Doctor also spotted a flea on me.  DARN IT! But when he went to find it again to show the Mommies, he couldn't find it or more.  But it was his suggestion to put me and Book on a flea, heartworm and intestinal parasite combo - Revolution Brand.  It is a 6 month supply which means 3 months for us since Book will be on it too. Doc gave me a medicine for my itchy owie, but I haven't seen it, they must have forgotten it

Mommi was not able to take a picture of my itchy owie BEFORE I went in for the Doctor.  But she did do it today.

Here it is...
I kept moving around, you can't see it too well.


(Mommi here.. I'm sneaking in and adding why she doesn't know about the pills, LOVE THESE THINGS! After years of trying to pill cats the old fashion way including an actual pilling device, we discovered these when our Koss was on his last bit and was on medication, so at least his last months were not filled with a dreaded pilling. The above picture is when she got yesterday's 2 doses and today's 1st dose.)


.
(◡‿◡✿)
May the catnip always be plentiful and the string never fray,
~ Brooch Czarina

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear! We are purring you grow your furs back in and your owie heals up quickly! Strange about your Mommies forgetting about your medicine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some owie friend. Hope it gets better soon. M wishes I'd take a pill pocket, but for some reason I don't like them. But then I also don't have any toothies to chew with, so maybe that's why I don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouchie indeed, Brooch! We hope you will be all better soon.... though since you moms forgot your medicine... ;-/

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you furriends. I think I feel the tingles of your well wishes :-D

    ~Brooch Czarina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your owie gets better soon. Purrs. Skipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Crafting Queen, I hope you get better really soon.

    ReplyDelete